Happy January to you all! I’m always super excited to write my yearly blog recap! This year I’m even more excited because I was able to reach all my goals and then some! In case you missed last year’s blogging goals you can read it (here). Before I jump into my blogging goals for 2018, I wanted to quickly go over some of the goals I set for myself last year.
Lady Marielle | My 2018 Blogging Goals + 2017 Year Recap
Last year I set 5 goals for myself, and I’m excited to go over them with you now to see how I did.
- Learn how to use my new camera. I can’t tell you how blessed I was last year to receive my Canon t5i. There’s been a HUGE improvement in my photography. I finally got over my fear of using the manual mode on my camera, and I LOVE IT!
- Send out 30 pitches. I received so many opportunities in 2017! A lot of them were a direct pitch from different brands, and although I didn’t send 30 pitches, I negotiated way more than 30, and I’m thrilled with that.
- 1 Monthly YouTube Video. I did a total of 13 videos that were shared on YouTube. What I concluded is that I’m not a huge Youtuber and I’m ok with that. Although I enjoy taking videos, the editing process is not fun. My most viewed video (304 views) is the one of me speed cleaning. I had fun doing that one as it didn’t require too much editing. It was also my first voice over video.
- Reach 10K followers on Instagram. As of today, I’m at 15,450 followers on Instagram!! Whoohoo.
- 100 Blog post! I did it!
Now on to my 2018 blogging goals!
Last year I only focused on growing one of my social media channels. The results were amazing! My Instagram account has improved so much, and I’m excited to see how much more it will grow this year. In 2017, 60% of the content I posted were sponsored. I’m looking to do that again in 2018 and still be able to post material that is more personal.
Instagram is by far my favorite social media platform plus Insta stories are so much fun!
- Reach 30K followers by December 31, 2018.
- Book traveling jobs: Our road trip to Toronto last August was amazing. We also visited Sainte-Foy, Quebec which was also amazing. I enjoy traveling with the kids and Demo and want to do more of that in 2018.
- Work with 5 of my dream brands! Will share which five on a separate blog!
- Write a blog post at least three times a week.
[Tweet “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. #blogginggoals #2018”]
I’m so excited for 2018 and I hope you are too. Did you set some goals for 2018? Please share in the comments!
Don’t forget to subscribe to stay updated as I work on accomplishing all my blogging goals for 2018.
Anita Singh says
Yaaayyyy, ypu achieved last year’s goal with so many other work with ?????
Wishing you more success in coming years ….you must touch target soon in every field ??
AnnMarie John says
My goal is to do a lot less, spend more time with family and possibly post at least 10 times a month. I’m really not planning on posting any more than than if it isn’t necessary. I need to focus on myself and my health. Here’s to a good blogging year for you.
I love the idea of making blogging goals! Mixed mine all together but this is so much better
What great goals! I admire your work with Instagram and Youtube, as I have not tried those channels yet. I hope you have a wonderful 2018, and look forward to your blog posts!
valmg @ Mom Knows It All says
Congratulations on attaining many of your goals in 2017.Wishing you a happy new year and much success reaching this year’s goals.
Congrats on meeting so many of your goals. I’d like to increase my instagram following this year. 🙂
You go girl! I’m so excited for you and all of your goals. It’s so impiring.
Congrats on a great year! I think it’s important to have your goals written down. Maybe it’s just because I like checking them off the list!
So happy you crushed your 2017 Goals! Always an awesome feeling when that happens. Good luck kicking those 2018 Goals
Gaëlla Ariella says
yaaay you achieved all of your 2017 goals and it’s such an inspiration. Also, I never knew you have a youtube channel, subscribing asap 🙂
Marielle Altenor says
LOL YES Girl! Thank you for stopping by the blog!
Does it help you accomplish more of your goals when you post them publicly? I have been thinking about starting a blog and doing the same thing.
Marielle Altenor says
I find that it does. It helps me stay accountable and motivates me. I love being able to share my results with my readers.
Great goals for last year, hope the new ones work out for you.
This was awesome to read, Marielle!
We’re almost at the 6-month mark since this post. How have you been doing? 🙂
Looking forward to more progress updates!