This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of GoGo SqueeZ Canada. All opinions are 100% mine.
How to Get Kids to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
Whether you’re a kid or an adult, having a healthy diet is important. According to Health Canada, the majority of Canadians don’t eat enough vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Fruits and vegetables provide us with essential nutrients that are necessary for healthy minds and bodies and children need about 5 servings of fruits a day! Jazzy loves fruits (we’re still working on vegetable lol), but she’s nowhere close to getting the recommended daily serving. If you have a picky eater who prefers anything but fruits and vegetables then you’ll enjoy this list of tips on how to get kids to eat more fruits and vegetables.
Clever Ways to Get Kids to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- Let Kids Pick – have your kid go shopping with you and pick out a new fruit and vegetable to try each week, this will help build up their list of “likes” for these healthy food options. I got Jazzy to try a kiwi for the first time by simply getting her involved in the process (washing, cutting, etc).
- Use creative recipes such as making cauliflower pasta and other options that you can find online where recipes are found, such as Pinterest.
- Use Dip – consider offering peanut butter or caramel dip for fruits or you can use salad dressing like ranch to dip raw vegetables in, making this process more fun for kids.
- Be the Role Model – make a deal with your kids that they’ll take a bite for every bite you take. You can even pretend that you don’t like the fruit or vegetable too just to encourage them to try their offering of fruits and vegetables.
- Keep Trying – don’t give up easily the more you offer fruits and vegetables to your kids, the higher your chance of success is.
- Puree Fruits & Vegetables – sneaking fruits and vegetables into regular foods has never been easier. GoGo squeeZ Berries are Jazzy’s favourites!
About GoGo squeeZ
Made from 100% fruit and no added sugar, GoGo squeeZ is a fun snack that I can pack when I go out with Jazzy. I also add them to my son’s snack bag for school, and since they are free of common allergens, including gluten, nuts, and dairy, they are great for sharing.
If you are on the go a lot, these are the snack for you! Easy to open, no spoon needed, just squeeZ! Jazzy likes these because she can bring them in the room and eat while reading her favourite books. I love them because she doesn’t make a mess while eating them lol.
I hope you found these clever ways to get kids to eat more fruits and vegetables, useful. What other tips do you have?
For a delicious way for your kids to get their recommended daily fruits, pick up some GoGo squeeZ at your local Loblaws stores. They are also available at Walmart, Sobeys, Metro, Super C., Maxi, and IGA.
Prefer shopping online?GoGo SqueeZ available on Amazon as well.