This is a sponsored post written by me in collaboration with iHerb. All opinions are 100% mine.
There’s just something about the chilly weather that makes me want to eat soup. I recently tried a new (to me) recipe that I absolutely love and wanted to share it with you. Let me first start by saying that I LOVE lentil soup, but I always avoid making it because I’m afraid of messing it up. Silly right? Well, my Spicy Red Lentil and Quinoa Soup turned out amazingly, and like I always say, sharing is caring!
Spicy Red Lentil and Quinoa Soup Recipe
Before I jump into this delicious recipe, I wanted to share my latest iHerb haul. You may remember my post earlier this year, where I shared my experience with ordering on iHerb for the first time. I purchased the bulk of my dry ingredients on iHerb.
I’ve shopped on iHerb a couple of times and always have such a great experience. One of the reasons I like ordering products on iHerb is because of the quality and freshness. The shipping is also relatively fast, which is excellent.
Some fun facts about iHerb
I love online shopping, but being in Canada, it’s not always easy finding natural products that will ship here. Thankfully, iHerb carries over 30,000 natural products and ships to over 150 countries, including Canada! iHerb has several shipping methods available. Since I’m in Canada, I go with a carrier that calculates all duties, taxes, and import fees at check-out. Nobody likes surprise duties fees. Lol, You can get more information about the shipping methods here.
iHerb orders are shipped from climate-controlled distribution centers to ensure the quality of their products. They also offer customer service 24 hours a day / 7 days a week in 10 different languages.
For this recipe, I ordered six products.
New to iHerb? New Customers will get a discount off their first iHerb order by clicking HERE
A hot bowl of red lentil soup on a cold day sounds so good! I made this yummy recipe vegan-friendly! It is SO good! Check out the steps below so that you can make it as well.
One cup of Bob’s Red Mill, Red Lentils
1/2 cup of Now Foods, Organic Quinoa
One tablespoon of California Gold Nutrition, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
One tablespoon of Simply Organic, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
One teaspoon of Simply Organic, Garam Masala
Pink salt and some pepper for taste
3 cups of spinach
Half a large white onion
One red bell pepper
1-3 garlic cloves
2-3 medium carrots
One can of diced tomatoes
4 cups of vegetable stock (or substitute for 4 cups of water)
1-2 Jalapeño for topping
Some chopped cilantro
Start by cutting your vegetables.
- In a large pot, add one tablespoon of coconut oil. Saute the onions, garlic until golden brown.
- Add the celery, carrots, and red pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the red lentils and mix well.
- Stir in the masala powder and the crushed pepper.
- Pour 4 cups of vegetable stock in the pot, stir it, and cover the pot with the lid. Cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat or until the lentils are closed to being cooked.
- Add the quinoa to the pot and cook for about ten more minutes with the lid on.
Check that the quinoa is cooked before going to the next steps.
- Add one can of diced tomatoes, 3 cups of spinach, and cook on low heat for about 10 more minutes.
- The soup is now done. You could actually eat it as is, but I like a smoother/creamier texture.
- In a bowl, separate about 1-2 cups of the soup. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup into a smooth consistency.
- Simmer for 5-7 more minutes on low.
- Serve hot topped with some jalapeño, cilantro, spicy cashews, and some coconut milk.
[mv_create title=”Spicy Red Lentil and Quinoa Soup Recipe” key=”4″ type=”recipe”]
Just call me the soup queen. Just kidding. No, really, it was that good! This spicy Red Lentil and Quinoa Soup recipe is a new favorite, and I can’t wait to make some more! The fun thing about the items that I ordered is that I have more than enough left to make more soup and maybe another recipe!
Let me know what you think of this recipe.
Be sure you are subscribed so that you don’t miss a thing!