So it took me close to 2 weeks to complete my owl, but it is DONE! Sewing is NOT easy!
My sewing knowledge comes from 7th grade Home Ec. (I will not mention how long ago THAT was). So I took to Youtube for some help. I had the pattern, got the color felt that I wanted and picked out some buttons from my stash. It’s started out ok, but then I sewed my owl completely closed without stuffing it 0.0 so had to undo the stitches (joy).
So stuffing was in, and an owl was completely closed up. Then I realized that I should have sewed in the wings BEFORE stuffing. I was getting overwhelmed so I talked my sister Marie into sewing the wings on for me (yay for little sisters)!
For my FIRST owl, I can’t complain (much). I did end up using fabric glue for the eyes, nose, and the cute little heart and use hot glue to stick the buttons on. Honestly? I’m happy with it! I had fun, and I hope by practicing more, I will get better at hand sewing.
|Stage one: High hopes! lol|
|Stage 2-3: Decisions, Decisions…|
|Final stage: ALL done! Pheww!
P.S I’ve put in a request to Santa (a.k.a sister Marie and my bf Demo) for a sewing machine…more like I’ve been dropping hints all year. *fingers crossed*
Now that I’ve completed my first owl, I feel all pumped up and ready for more DIY. Will probably be on Pinterest all night getting “inspired” 🙂
While I was “YouTubing”, Tristan and I came across a diy for a bracelet made out of buttons. So today when he came home we “attempted to make one”
|I just took this picture of his “arm candy”.|
P.S.S The next owl I make, I will make a little opening pocket so that I can stick a scent pak inside! Scented owls = awesomeness!