When you love cooking as much as I do, having the proper cooking tools is a must. In a perfect world, I would have state of the art dream kitchen with all cooking ware, utensils, etc. that I can dream of. Since that is not the case, I have to make do with what I have. I got a bunch of new pots and pans from Demo this year. He knows how much I love cooking (plus he enjoys my food), so he wanted to make sure that I have the proper tools. I also got an Ozeri Green Earth Frying Pan free for reviewing. In today’s post, I want to share some tips on taking care of a non-stick frying pan to ensure that it last you a very long time!
Taking Care of a Non-Stick Frying Pan
*This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for taking care of a non-stick frying pan.
- Avoid using non-stick cooking spray. Instead, use a little bit of oil or butter.
- Use wooden utensils when cooking.
- Do NOT wash your pan in the dishwasher.
- Use mild soap for cleaning. ( I love using Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Lavender dish soap)
- Do not use bleach or harsh cleaning products
- Don’t use a metal sponge when cleaning.
- Use a felt separators to keep your pan scratch free when storing.
- Make sure you are regularly seasoning your pan. Clean, dry + coat bottom with a little bit of oil and wipe it clean.
So there you have it. These tips work with nearly all non-stick frying pan. Hope you found them useful.
Ozeri Green Earth Frying Pan
If you are in the market for a new non-stick frying pan, check out the Ozeri Green Earth Frying Pan. It works perfectly for the meals that I cook for my little family.