If you are a mom-to-be it is explainable why you want to get prepared for what is coming as much and as soon as you can! And if that means that you need to get obsessed with pregnancy books, articles about toddlers and videos showing you some parenting tricks and tips then so be it! The fact is that it is never too soon to start preparing! So if you have finished decorating your baby’s room and you have read all the pregnancy books that you could get your hands on, then we have a new idea! Why not start educating yourself about the period of your life with a toddler? Sure you have plenty of places in mind that you would want your family to visit and you know what that means – traveling! No matter if it is by a car or a plane, you will learn that you always need a plan A and all through plan Z! So we thought to make things easier for all of those desperate mothers and fathers out there and share a list of 9 essential things that you must bring when traveling with a toddler, if you are interested in having a good time and a chance to create happy memories with your family! Well, let’s start already!
9 Important Things to Carry when Traveling with Toddlers
Why is it essential to get prepared beforehand?
Once that you become a parent, you will learn that planning beforehand is essential. You will need a list of plans from A to Z and creativity is what you will need to hold on to. But you are already aware of that, aren’t you as you watch your pregnancy week by week. Having to raise your baby will teach you that you need to be flexible, you need to create and most importantly you need to be prepared for any situation. So if you are traveling by either a car or a bus or a plane, and when we say traveling we think of those long journeys that take a half day at least, it is a must to know these things beforehand. Being prepared will help you and your family to have an excellent travel and a chance to bond if you play this right.
The 9 important things that you must not forget to bring when traveling with toddlers!
When we say the most important things that you must not forget we surely do not think about a suitcase or a sunscreen. We are talking about 9 small yet ridiculously essential things that will help you have a nice trip with your family. And we bet that you do not think that half of our choices as essential ones. But, let’s see if that is about to change, why don’t we?
- Bring your bag full of tricks– When you are traveling with toddlers you cannot expect that they will enjoy a calm conversation all the way to the planned destination. This just means that you need to keep them busy and what is the best way to do that? Well, with their favorite toys of course! Fill a whole bag with small cars, balls, stuffed animals, etc. and show them a new one every as soon as they are looking bored from playing with the old one.
- Bring their favorite snacks– When kids are bored, what do they do? They ask for snacks of course! Use that the next time you are traveling and bring their favorite snacks that they can have during the traveling. However, do not forget about the importance of healthy meals as well. Pack a few fruits and vegetables as well as lots of water that your toddlers can have!
- Bring their favorite book– Use this trip to educate your children and read them a book or two. Do not just let them play on your phone so that you can travel calmly. You can either bring their favorite book and read them yourself or bring an audiobook that you can listen while going! Use this time wisely and teach your children something new!
- Dress them lightly– Do not stuff them with layers of clothes! Cover them as lightly as you can to avoid any inconveniences. Remember – you can always turn the heat or open the windows a bit if your children are feeling hot or cold!
- Bring their favorite pillow and blanket– It is not uncommon for toddlers to get sleepy whenever they jump into a car or a plane, but you already know that, right? Still, it is not unusual for parents to forget their children’s favorite pillow and a blanket or whatever they need to feel comfortable and rest for a while, right? So why not avoid this unwanted situation and make sure that you pack the sleeping essential!
- Pack some spare clothes in your bag– Toddlers are messy, and when there is food or drinks around them, there is a catastrophe near. But it is not something that you cannot control if you are bringing spare clothes in your bag. This will eliminate the need to stop the car to get them from your suitcase or even worse – let your children travel the rest of the trip in their stained, messy clothes if you are traveling by bus or a plane!
- Bring your baby wipes– Baby wipes are essential for everything from going to a public toilet, cleaning your face and dirty fingers, to handling some messy catastrophe in the car! Do not leave them out of your sight whenever you are traveling!
- Bring a list of family games that you can play– Family games are always fun since all the members can play. You can try – Giants, wizards, and elves, likes and dislikes, the laughing game and many others that will bring joy to the whole family!
- Bring a good mood– Use this opportunity to take an interest in your children’s lives and find out more about them! And a good feeling is what will help you achieve that!
Traveling is fun, but it can be overwhelming, especially if you are traveling with your toddlers. So why not avoid any chance of potential catastrophe and enjoy the moments that you have in the car or plane with your children. All that you have to do is get prepared, and we showed you that by listing 9 essential things that you must not forget when you are traveling with your toddlers. Also, do not forget to check some of the most efficient methods to beat jet-lag that will help you and your family! And last but not least – remember to enjoy your trip!
Meighan Sembrano is an enthusiast and passionate writer. She is a contributor to Consumer Health Digest. She is an expertise in Beauty and Skin-Care articles. Also, have contributed in the health and fitness field. Her work gives an enthusiast twist to the readers. She resonates the readers with her sincere and thoughtful words. You can follow Meighan on Twitter and Facebook.